Today’s the day! First day of class on the road to my Master’s degree. I’ve already checked into Moodle and seen that 43 participants are with me in these courses in Learning and Technology, and that about thirty of them have checked in and got their assignment already. I feel slow off the mark – but this isn’t the Amazing Race, right? Well, it is a pretty amazing journey, anyway.
Here’s the quick version of what we are supposed to do between now and July 20th:
Read our assigned texts introducing various philosophies/theories of learning, and from this, write 900-1000 words describing the following:
- Use evidence from the readings to support my position – the evidence can be quotations and paraphrases from my texts
- Illustrate my points with examples from my own experience
- This can include my own blog articles and quotes from texts that I have found influential, since I don’t have a professional organization that I am coming from.
- writing style (APA)
- critical thinking skills
- ability to apply theory to practice
- as a TESL student studying learning theory 23 years ago
- as an adult learner
- as a tutor
- as an adult educator
- as a “quick study”